We believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. That’s why the Athens-McMinn Family Y helps hundreds of local children and teens cultivate the values, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health and educational achievement.
The Y nurtures the potential of every child and teen by supporting their unique youth development journey through holistic programming. From cradle to career, the Y provides all youth with the tools and resources they need to succeed in life. The Y. For a better us.™
After School Programs
In the Y After School Program, kids engage in physical, learning and imaginative activities that encourage them to explore who they are and what they can achieve.
- Grades PreK - 8th
- Monday-Friday on regular school days, from school dismissal though 6:00 p.m.
- Early Release, Teacher Work Days, and most inclement weather days
- A safe place to learn, have fun and get active
After School Care Information
More information on our After School program, contact Lane Davis at 423.745.4904.
At the Y you won't have to worry about childcare while you workout. We have that covered. While you are focused on Healthy Living in our facilities, we're focused on Youth Development with your little one.
- Available for children 8 weeks - 11 years old
- Weekly themes and activities including crafts, games, entertainment and more.
Available to members up to 2 hours per day with a maximum of 10 hours per week
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8am - 11am & 4pm - 8pm
- Tuesday & Thursday 8am - 10am & 4pm - 8pm
- Saturdays 8am - 11am
- Parents must be engaged in activities inside the YMCA facility while using Child Watch.
- Parents must sign children out with the last four digits of their membership card.
- Sick children are not allowed to stay in Childwatch
- Child Watch is not required to be licensed as a State of Tennessee Day Care facility
For more information, contact Lane Davis or Elizabeth Merriman at 423-745-4904.
School Break Camps
When school is out for winter, fall, and spring breaks, the Y is open for camp! Kids love Y Camp because of our fun weekly themes, exciting activities, creative games and new friends! Parents love Y Camp because of our quality program, safe environment, learning opportunities, friendly staff, FREE extended hours, and the happy children that greet them at the end of the day!
For more information, contact Lane Davis at 423-745-4904.
Summer Day Camp
Kids love Y Camp because of our fun weekly themes, exciting activities, creative games and new friends! Parents love Y Camp because of our quality program, safe environment, learning opportunities, friendly staff, FREE extended hours, and the happy children that greet them at the end of the day!
Read more about Summer Camp.